# You bring ideas, together We build Value
We are angels venture capital firm investing in entrepreneurs that push the edge of what is possible.
We leverage wisdom and experience of our angels and fund’s team to identify and grow
exceptional companies to become European champions in digital space.
HOW WE INVEST
- We invest in early stage companies, often as a first institutional investor, in so called seed or pre-series A
- Typical investment size 250k – 1m EUR in pre-series A and below 250k EUR in seed
- Opportunistically we can invest in series A if in line with Fund focus and possible significant synergies
- We are searching primarily for Polish start-ups which can scaled-up and internationalize with our support
- We have network of partners and entrepreneurs in CEE and Baltics where we will be also looking for best projects
- We are based in Warsaw but we invest in whole CEE region
- We are looking primarily for start-ups that can be immediately boosted through our industrial and angels network
- We focus on startups that contribute to enterprise digitalization (so called Industry 4.0)
- We see still great potential in e-commerce, however we are rather focused on e-commerce ecosystem rather than marketplace itself
KEY MANAGEMENT PRINCIPLES
Not more than 20% of Fund’s commitment allocated to 1 investment.
20-30 portfolio companies to ensure reach, but also focus and quality management
Leverage synergies with bValue angels including lead generation and know-how
Gain value from know-how sharing and co-operation within portfolio
Possible follow-on investment in the bValue seed investments
Co-investment with Tier-1 funds with clear exit strategy
80%-20% split of investments Poland-other CEE
As a part of the benefits of being a member of the bValue ECOSYSTEM, a company founder or a scientist can access a database of more than 30 entrepreneurss, mentors and men of science in various fields, such as: trade, production, IT, R&D, finances or law. The capitalisation of the companies whose creators are members of the Fund’s teams or invest in the Fund, is estimated to be about 3 billion PLN.
We are supported by angels & investors who founded or co-founded global Polish businesses worth in aggregate over 1bn EUR. We have been cooperating with Polish companies and capital groups, which we supported in the development of the in-house R&D/CVC departments and for which we have been seeking investment projects. Thanks to this network, we are ready to assess and support the commercial potential of a particular project.
As a part of the activity of the bValue Fund, we create interdisciplinary teams. Every team consists of 3/4 people who work on max. 4 projects at the same time, so it gives a chance for the real contribution and building the value. We work with entrepreneurs and scientists – we give them the opportunity to work at the Academic Entrepreneurship Incubators and help them achieve the results and implement the strategy. Our startups get a chance to work in and join the community of AIP Business Link.